Over 70% of businesses in the US currently use Instagram and a majority anticipate that number will rise. Regardless of whether it’s captivating photos or amazing videos, Instagram is the home of visual content.
The main issue is, much like Facebook, it’s getting harder to organically show up in front of your followers. Instagram says over 80% of users follow a business on the app–so why not ensure you’re reaching them as much as possible?
Studies found that 67% of Gen Xers and 60% of millennials said they are most likely to buy from a brand they follow. Don’t miss the opportunity to use these tips to take advantage of Instagram’s awesome potential.
Here is a broad set of data gathered across a number of Instagram users:
- The best times to post on Instagram are Wednesday at 3 p.m., Thursday at 5 a.m., 11 a.m., and 3 to 4 p.m. and, Friday at 5 a.m.
- Overall, Thursday is the best day to post on Instagram.
- The most “safe” range of time to post to Instagram is Tuesday through Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday is the least engaging day on Instagram.
This data shows some very interesting trends in Instagram engagement. Such as a portion of the highest engagement being at 5 a.m. Tuesday through Friday. Most likely from people checking their phones first thing upon waking up in the morning.
Other times that showed higher engagement were in the middle of the day on weekdays. A majority of Instagram users under 25 spend roughly 32 minutes per day on the app–consider all the early afternoon breaks when users are going for the phone to check their feed.
Engagement during the weekends is not too far off from that of the weekdays. Things like brunches, hangouts, and other events have people still actively using their phones throughout the day. As the weekend winds down however, engagement drops dramatically. Some of the lowest engagement is seen from early Sunday to Monday morning.
Best Times to Post on Instagram for Nonprofits
A number of nonprofits have looked to Instagram as a way to increase engagement and visually represent their brand. What we have noticed is that the best times to post for nonprofits is quite similar to the overall peak engagement times seen on Instagram.
- The best time for nonprofits to post on Instagram is Friday at 2 p.m..
- Other high engagement times are Tuesday at 3 and 9 p.m., Wednesday 3 to 4 p.m., Thursday 2 to 3 p.m. and Friday at 10 a.m.
- The most “safe” range of time to post is weekdays from twelve to 5 p.m.
- The least engaging day for nonprofits is Saturday.
Best Times to Post on Instagram for Consumer Goods
Now with Instagram Shopping, brands are able to sell their goods much easier through the app. Knowing the best times to reach your audience is important. Here is some data we have found across the industry:
- The best times to post on Instagram for consumer goods are Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Wednesday consistently tends to see the most engagement.
- The most “safe” range of time to post is each day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday is the least engaging day for consumer goods on Instagram (likely due to people getting up to speed with the work week and spending less time shopping online).
Best Times to Post on Instagram for Tech
It’s common that tech brands have a hard time seeing themselves on social media. Be that as it may, there are several ways Instagram can be used to grow your brand and generate engagement. Familiarizing yourself with Instagram Growth Best Practices is a great place to start with helping your brand make an impression with your audience. Here is some data we found from a range of several tech brands using Instagram.
- The best time for tech brands to post on Instagram is Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- The best day to post to Instagram for tech is Thursday.
- Generally, the most “safe” range of time to post is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday.
- The least engaging day of the week for tech is Sunday.
Leverage the power of influencer marketing to grow your Instagram followers organically
What if you found an Instagram growth plan that could save thousands of hours of your precious time and still grow your account 10X—even 100X as fast—completely organically?
What if it was 100% safe—100% compliant with Instagram’s terms of service in 2021—and your growth was 100% guaranteed?
You’d probably say we’re 100% full of #$%*!
But as hundreds of our happy clients have already discovered, it’s one-hundred-and-fifty-percent possible. They’ve been watching thousands of real, location targeted followers pour into their accounts every month.
Month after month. No bots. No automation. 100% human hands. And each of them are enjoying their very own dedicated account manager who oversees their growth and works to help them reach their business goals.
Does that sound like some action you’d want in on?
Find out how Social Sensei can get you thousands of followers organically—give you powerful credibility—and drive massive amounts of exposure to your Instagram account. Just click the link below!
More About Social Sensei
Having a huge follower base is definitely crucial to get your message out there; in front of your target audience. However, rather than invest in marketing strategies that will have you buying fake followers, why not invest in Social Sensei’s proven and tested Instagram celebrity marketing strategies instead?
At Social Sensei, we team up with big names in different industries to help you grow your Instagram followers organically. We’ve worked with hundreds of happy clients and have generated thousands of new followers for those who have signed up with us.
Will celebrity or influencer Instagram marketing get your account banned on Instagram? No. This type of Instagram marketing is a legitimate way for you to grow your Instagram followers organically, so you don’t have to worry about getting shadow banned or action blocked on the platform.
We guarantee account safety, so you never have to worry about your Instagram account being banned or action blocked. The best part? Your success is our success, so if you don’t see the numbers you expect for your followers list, we will continue working for you until you do.
Ready to take your Instagram account to the next level? Work with the experts at Social Sensei to help pair your business with the right growth plan to help you gain real Instagram followers, increase brand exposure, and boost your credibility. Sign up today to take your account to the next level or click here to schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with us.