CONQUER THE WORLD WITH YOUR ENGAGEMENT
Let’s Get Engaged!
On running a business or having your brand be heard on Instagram, there are things you have to consider such as likes, followers, brand marketing strategy, Instagram influencer marketing, and many more. Another thing you have to consider that is the sole responsible for the growth of your brand to gain real Instagram followers is engagement. The engagement will help you grow your Instagram.
Instagram engagement is how the public interacts with the content you post. Calculating it’s rate measures how well your brand is connected with your audience.
Here are tips on how to measure your engagement:
- Impressions – The total number of times all your Instagram posts and your Stories are seen
- Reach – The number of unique views your posts and Stories have
- Website clicks – The number of times the website link in your Instagram account is clicked, causing a user to leave Instagram and visit your website.
- Profile visits – The number of times a user visited your Instagram profile.
- Followers – Calculate your follower growth rate by dividing the number of followers you’ve gained in a specific time period by the previous number of followers. Multiply that by 100 for the percentage.
- Comments – The number of times users have written something underneath your post, including when they tag a friend. Add the number of comments with likes and saved posts to find the total interactions on a post.
- Saved posts – The number of times users have clicked on the flag icon at the right-hand side of your post to add to their private collection of saved posts. They will probably return to your post to review later or view it repeatedly.
- Views – The total number of times your video or Instagram Story was viewed.
- Likes – The number of times users have clicked on the heart underneath your post. Even with likes being hidden, remember: Likes still matter.
Calculate your brand’s Instagram engagement rate
Engagement rate by reach ( ERR )
Pros: Reach can be more accurate than follower count since not all followers see your content and non-followers can be exposed to your posts through shares, and other means
Cons: a very low reach can lead to a very inaccurate high engagement rate
- Most commonly used to calculate engagement with content
- Measures the people who chose to interact with your content after seeing it
- Single post : ERR = total of engagement posts / reach per post * 100
- Average ERR = Total ERR / Total Posts
Engagement rate by posts ( ER)
Pros: a better way to gauge interaction based on how people have seen your post this formula replaces reach with followers. It is a more stable metric of measurement
Cons: It doesn’t account for viral reach. And as followers go up, your rate of engagement could go down a little
- This formula measures engagements by followers on a specific post.
- Single post : ER post = total engagement on a post / total followers * 100
- Average ER by post = total ER by post / total posts
Engagement Rate by impressions
Pros: useful when you’re running paid content and you need to evaluate its effectiveness
Cons: the base is bound to be lower than ERR and ER post. It’s best to use it with ER reach
- While reach measures the people who see your content, impression tracks how often they appear on that content
- Single post: ER Impression: total engagement on a post / total impression * 100
- Average: Total ER impression / Total Posts
Daily Engagement rate ( Daily ER)
Pros: Good way to gauge how often your followers interact with your account on a daily basis
Cons: the formula doesn’t account for the fact that the same follower may engage 10 times in a day, versus 10 followers engaging once.
- While engagement rate by reach measures engagement against maximum exposure, it’s still good to have a sense of how often your followers are engaging with your account on a daily basis.
- Daily ER = Total engagements in a day / Total followers *100
- Average Daily ER = Total engagements for X days / (X days *followers) *100
Engagement rate by Views ( ER views)
Pros: if your video’s objective is to generate engagement
Cons: View tallies often include repeat views from a single user (non-unique views). While that viewer may watch the video multiple times, they may not necessarily engage multiple times.
- how many people choose to engage with your videos after watching them.
- ER view = Total engagements on video post / Total video views *100
- Average ER view = Total ER view / Total posts
Factored Engagement rate
- Add more or less weight to certain factors in the equation.
- For example, a marketer may wish to place a higher value on comments versus likes, weighting each comment as two versus one.
- Comment-weighted ER = (Total comments x 2) + all other engagements / Reach per post *100
Cost per engagement
- If you’ve chosen to sponsor content and engagement is a key objective, you’ll want to know how much that investment is paying off.
- CPE = Total amount spent / Total engagements
Here are tips on how to increase your engagement
Know your audience
- By tracking them using Instagram insights you’ll find data about your followers and will be able to help you understand contents relevant to them
Track of time
- Make sure you post your content when your followers are online so that they may see your posts.
- If you want Instagram to be more engageable then you have to post consistently so you could build and connect with your audience
Engaging with others
- It’s called social media for a reason. Engage with your audience in different creative ways like run-to like a contest, asking them questions about trendy stuff
- Promote other people’s brand and your brand as well
- Tag user- general content
- Tag influencers for they might be of help on the growth of your account and brand
- Geo-tagging- creates an opportunity for users to visit your location and post photos of them visiting
- Experiment with different varieties that might be suitable for your brand.
- Creating content with clarity, creativity, consistency are enterprises aiming to build brand awareness in Instagram
- Write better captions that might appeal to them
- Instagram video, w/ filters, and stories are top-notch on Instagram. They’re a few things that people always find interesting and always go back to.
Partner with Influencer Marketing Agency
- Instagram influencer marketing has become significant. It allows marketers to work with key thought leaders in their sector and push brand messaging out to a wider audience.
- Select the right kind of influencer
Leverage the power of influencer marketing to grow your Instagram followers organically
What if you found an Instagram growth plan that could save thousands of hours of your precious time and still grow your account 10X—even 100X as fast—completely organically?
What if it was 100% safe—100% compliant with Instagram’s terms of service in 2021—and your growth was 100% guaranteed?
You’d probably say we’re 100% full of #$%*!
But as hundreds of our happy clients have already discovered, it’s one-hundred-and-fifty-percent possible. They’ve been watching thousands of real, location targeted followers pour into their accounts every month.
Month after month. No bots. No automation. 100% human hands. And each of them are enjoying their very own dedicated account manager who oversees their growth and works to help them reach their business goals.
Does that sound like some action you’d want in on?
Find out how Social Sensei can get you thousands of followers organically—give you powerful credibility—and drive massive amounts of exposure to your Instagram account. Just click the link below!
More About Social Sensei
Having a huge follower base is definitely crucial to get your message out there; in front of your target audience. However, rather than invest in marketing strategies that will have you buying fake followers, why not invest in Social Sensei’s proven and tested Instagram celebrity marketing strategies instead?
At Social Sensei, we team up with big names in different industries to help you grow your Instagram followers organically. We’ve worked with hundreds of happy clients and have generated thousands of new followers for those who have signed up with us.
Will celebrity or influencer Instagram marketing get your account banned on Instagram? No. This type of Instagram marketing is a legitimate way for you to grow your Instagram followers organically, so you don’t have to worry about getting shadow banned or action blocked on the platform.
We guarantee account safety, so you never have to worry about your Instagram account being banned or action blocked. The best part? Your success is our success, so if you don’t see the numbers you expect for your followers list, we will continue working for you until you do.
Ready to take your Instagram account to the next level? Work with the experts at Social Sensei to help pair your business with the right growth plan to help you gain real Instagram followers, increase brand exposure, and boost your credibility. Sign up today to take your account to the next level or click here to schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with us.