Why share another user’s content on your Instagram?
What if you could “bank” on the next piece of content you post getting TONS of engagement—without ever having to test it? Or what if you could take advantage of a “Viral” piece of content your audience loves and use it to help you grow? If that sounds good—then reposting on Instagram might be the answer.
In this article you’ll learn:
- How reposting on Instagram can help you grow and build trust/authenticity with your audience…
- A simple checklist of the Instagram reposting best practices you should use BEFORE reposting…
- Proven strategies for successfully reposting on Instagram…
- Apps for reposting on Instagram (apps for “regramming”)…
- Plus… we’ll explain how you can use UGC on Instagram to boost sales if you’re a brand…
Sound good? Great. Let’s talk about what it means to repost and why it’s so effective.
Pro Tip: Want to spread the word about your brand? We can promote your account to MILLIONS of new people with Instagram Influencer Marketing! Just click here: Promote Me To Millions!
Have you ever seen a piece of content that your audience is engaging heavily with and thought: “I wish I would have thought of that…”? Well, you might not be able to go back in time and steal their idea—but you might still be able to get a little of the action for yourself.
Reposting on Instagram allows you to take a high-performing post that people from your audience are engaging with—and keep the momentum going by posting it on your own account. By doing this, you can benefit from their awesome content—while still helping the post’s creator to get more exposure.
It’s a win-win for both of you… But it gets even better…
You’re also banking on a proven “winner” that you don’t even have to test—because the post’s creator has already proven its value on their own account! You spend very little energy because you didn’t actually create the post—but you still get to share in the benefits.
Plus, a hyper-relevant repost can help you become more credible in the eyes of your audience. It shows your kind of people how deeply and authentically you care about the same things they do.
If you’re a brand that sells products—reposting user generated content (also called UGC) that’s aligned with your audience can create actual sales and build your brand’s credibility. And it encourages the creation of even more UGC by your audience and fans.
Why is UGC important?
According to global research by company Ipsos, people trust user-generated content (UGC) 50% more than any other type of media. In fact, 86% of millennials say UGC is a good indicator of a brand’s quality.
Pro Tip: Want to get people talking about you? Get tagged by A-list celebrities like Kevin Hart, Cardi B., or Nicki Minaj! Just click here: Get Tagged By Famous People!
Before we get into the meat of reposting on Instagram—you need to know a little about UGC and how it can help you. So, here you go:
What is User Generated Content?
Basically, user generated content is all the stuff that people post publicly on social media. But the UGC that you probably care MOST about—is the stuff they post about you, your brand, or your products. You can use this type of content to spread an authentic message that gains your customer’s trust.
It’s like “news-jacking” for “word-of-mouth” advertising…
UGC on Instagram is solid GOLD for brands who are trying to impact their sales with social media marketing. It provides a chance for followers to involve themselves more personally with a brand while also reducing marketing costs—because the content has been created naturally by your audience.
Here are four significant ways UGC helps to support brands with a solid foundation for successful marketing and consistent growth:
- Save time creating content: Users are creating high-quality visual content on Instagram every day. User generated content provides an unlimited source of reposting content that will resonate with your target audience and always keep your marketing campaigns fresh.
- Be undeniably authentic: You can’t get more authentic than sharing what real people are actually saying about you, your products, or your services.
- Repost content that’s already tested: When you repost a stellar UGC post, you’ve already seen what kind of engagement it gets with your audience. It’s already been tried and tested by the creator, so you know it will be a successful post!
- Amplify your brand’s exposure: User generated content allows brands to directly engage in real conversations with followers on social media. 80% of a marketing campaign’s reach comes from social amplification.
- Create more trust: Social media is the new word of mouth. People are 92% more likely to trust a recommendation from someone they know more than any other form of advertisement.
- Increased conversion rates: Brands whose marketing channels include user generated content see higher conversion rates, click-through rates on their links, and even average order value when they DO make a sale!
Now that you’re familiarized with the “why’s” of reposting—and the definition of user generated content—let’s get to the good stuff:
What are the best practices for reposting on Instagram and some of the best ways to use UGC?
First and foremost, always check before you repost
A proven best practice and universal law is to ask permission from the original content creator before deciding to share what someone else has made from your page or profile.
Here are a few ways you can do this:
- Comment on their photo and start a conversation: Comment on the original photo and tag the original poster saying something like “Hey @xxxxxx, we love how this speaks for our community! Would you mind if we shared it on our account? We will give you full credit on your photo when we post!”
- Send the original poster a direct message on Instagram: Screenshot the post you are wanting to share and message the original poster using similar wording. Then send them a screenshot letting them know which photo you’re referring to.
- Contact the content creator through email to discuss getting explicit permission: You may be able to find the content creator’s email on their profile. You can send them a personal message through their email, but don’t come off as spammy. Be short, sweet, and personal. Focus on how it will benefit them (they’ll get extra exposure, more engagement, etc.), and make sure to get to the point as quickly as possible.
When asking for permission to repost another user’s content, always be sure to mention that you will credit them for the creation or capturing of the photo in the original post.
You can credit someone by including their username and a short mention like “Photo by @xxxxxx” or “Thank you @xxxxxx for sharing this awesome photo” in your post caption. Also, considering that caption text gets buried quickly try to include your credit text within the first three lines so it is visible without having to open further.
Pro Tip: Need more exposure? Social Sensei will put your account before millions of NEW eyes with our powerful network of famous people! Just click here: Promote Me To Millions!
What apps to use for #regramming?
On most social networks the ability to repost is a feature already woven into the platform’s functionality. With Instagram however, this is not the case. Not to worry though, there are a few great third-party apps that integrate well with Instagram and make reposting or “regramming” quite a bit easier than having to screenshot and crop every piece of related content you want to share.
Popular reposting apps include:
When reposting a photo on Instagram, don’t forget to include the #regram hashtag in your post caption. This will help you gain more exposure with other users and brands incorporating user generated content into their social strategy.
Pro Tip: Want to safely gain thousands of followers in just 7-days? We can do it for you! No bots. No shady tactics. And we do EVERYTHING. Just click here: Give Me Thousands Of Followers!
4 Ways to Incorporate Reposting and User Generated Content Into Your Instagram Strategy
- Use “Social Listening” to monitor tags, mentions, and hashtags: The notifications you set up on Instagram can also be great sources of user generated content. Create branded hashtags for people to include in their posts and get discovered for a repost. And always be on the lookout for new tags or mentions that could be a good source of content for your Instagram feed.
- Recognize and repost content from your community: It always makes people happy to receive recognition for their efforts and the content they create. Reaching out and asking to share other’s content on your brand’s profile is a good way to show your appreciation as well as find new brand ambassadors for your products or services. A good way to do this is to run a contest with a monthly giveaway for the best-aligned post and acknowledging those who submit entries through direct messaging.
- Repost user generated content from events: Presentations, meetups, and live events are perfect opportunities to create content. If you’re putting together your own events, ask users to post including the event’s hashtag. This way anyone attending or showcased at the event can provide you with a wealth of great content to repost on your Instagram.
- Celebrate milestones to inspire user generated content: Another great way to inspire your team members and followers to create and share user generated content is to acknowledge and celebrate key events or the accomplishment of important milestones.
We hope this helps!
But we can help you expand your reach even further.
👇 Read below to find out how! 👇
Leverage the power of influencer marketing to grow your Instagram followers organically
What if you found an Instagram growth plan that could save thousands of hours of your precious time and still grow your account 10X—even 100X as fast—completely organically?
What if it was 100% safe—100% compliant with Instagram’s terms of service in 2021—and your growth was 100% guaranteed?
You’d probably say we’re 100% full of #$%*!
But as hundreds of our happy clients have already discovered, it’s one-hundred-and-fifty-percent possible. They’ve been watching thousands of real, location targeted followers pour into their accounts every month.
Month after month. No bots. No automation. 100% human hands. And each of them are enjoying their very own dedicated account manager who oversees their growth and works to help them reach their business goals.
Does that sound like some action you’d want in on?
Find out how Social Sensei can get you thousands of followers organically—give you powerful credibility—and drive massive amounts of exposure to your Instagram account. Just click the link below!
More About Social Sensei
Having a huge follower base is definitely crucial to get your message out there; in front of your target audience. However, rather than invest in marketing strategies that will have you buying fake followers, why not invest in Social Sensei’s proven and tested Instagram celebrity marketing strategies instead?
At Social Sensei, we team up with big names in different industries to help you grow your Instagram followers organically. We’ve worked with hundreds of happy clients and have generated thousands of new followers for those who have signed up with us.
Will celebrity or influencer Instagram marketing get your account banned on Instagram? No. This type of Instagram marketing is a legitimate way for you to grow your Instagram followers organically, so you don’t have to worry about getting shadow banned or action blocked on the platform.
We guarantee account safety, so you never have to worry about your Instagram account being banned or action blocked. The best part? Your success is our success, so if you don’t see the numbers you expect for your followers list, we will continue working for you until you do.
Ready to take your Instagram account to the next level? Work with the experts at Social Sensei to help pair your business with the right growth plan to help you gain real Instagram followers, increase brand exposure, and boost your credibility. Sign up today to take your account to the next level or click here to schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with us.