Christmas is the most anticipated holiday of all time. It’s where the biggest sales and family gathering happens. This is also the perfect time to give back to people that we love or simply this is where we give something out of love and care. This serves as an opportunity for us to share what we can, express love, and be with our loved ones. And if we could do it with our loved ones, why not extend it to other people as well. To people who you can connect with, to those who are interested to know more about you. Why not make social media contests for fans and followers on your social media platforms like Instagram. Through Instagram, you will reach broader audiences and be able to express the goal of your services or products and in the future, they might be the future loyal followers that will help you grow your Instagram.
Here are some promotional contests and marketing ideas you can do on Instagram:
Run a quiz
- You may run a festive quiz and give various prizes to winners
- The quizzes may be something relevant to your brand/product or something connected with your brand and with Christmas on that way you were able to enlighten them about your services and reward them for participating
- By doing so, you can figure out what your followers are looking forward to during the holiday season and use these discoveries to your advantage.
- Christmas is the time where we would all want to send gifts. Use this knowledge to your advantage by creating a campaign around this idea to spread your goodwill. Ask your audiences to express their holiday wishes to your social media page or website. You may announce that for every wish sent, your company will donate a certain amount of money to a good cause
- Nowadays people love to post and share their selfies. Why not turn it into a fun activity.
- You can make a theme and whoever gains the most shares or likes to win a prize
- Your business should be available on social media so that you’ll have the chance to be connected with your customers and followers. Use this time to express your gratitude to your audience.
Be a Santa to someone
- Give your followers a chance to do something nice for someone else. Ask them to comment on your post the name of the person they think deserves to enjoy some Christmas treats. The person named gains something,
Make a wish contest
- Ask your followers to put their wish product to receive on discount or for free then you may give it to them as your Christmas gift
Name your favorite Christmas movie contest
- Your followers will surely love to talk about their favorite holiday movie. You can make it like raffle like a contest in which the person with the best pick gets a prize
- A great way to leverage real-life content and increase awareness is by doing a calendar in which it builds anticipation and keeps them from wanting more from you. They’d be visiting your site or post just to complete the said dates.
Comment- and- win contest
- Social media gave people an opportunity to express themselves through comments. Announce a prize and ask followers to tell you why they should win it by commenting.
- Get your audience to create one for you, as you keep them engaged with your brand. You could post a photo and let your followers comment about what caption would be best for it which will qualify for a prize
- Ask your followers to submit their best holiday snaps to your website or on your social media page. Put the photos together, create a collage, and display it to create a sense of community. You can also include voting, wherein the photo that gets the maximum likes wins.
What’s the next contest
- Keeping your audience engaged by giving them what they want in a bid to solve their problems. Declare that you’re looking for ideas for your next product and ask for winning suggestions from your followers.
Online Christmas greeting
- Use your Instagram or site as a platform in which visitors can send out personalized messages and give it to their loved ones. Have them tag their loved ones. This will help you increase views and traffic.
Follower of the week/month
- Reward the most active follower. This will help you build audience engagement
Christmas – Game campaign
- A great way to use social media to keep customers engaged during the holiday season is by getting them to partake in holiday-themed online games that revolve around your brand.
- To enter it, your followers will need to submit their email ID, and Like and Follow your page. This should help increase your number of followers and leads. Make it easy for them to participate, and ensure to run one sweepstake a day to encourage more participation.
Doing Charity/ Donations
- People are thankful normally on their Christmases. They would also want other people to experience it so you could do a post or gather donations or have one of your winners on your other events to pick a charity he or she would want to receive graces.
- This is a way to build a positive image from people and positive feedback
Refer- a friend contest
- Get a follower to refer a friend to like and follow you. This is useful to your brand and Instagram
- For example, offer a 40% discount to people who referred 10 friends and 1 free item for those who referred 20 friends
- Tell people to post a story in which they have to do a caroling. This will engage more people together with the prize.
- This is a great platform to showcase your audience’s skill and be able to build connections with one another through your page/site.
Christmas sale giveaway
- Boost your company sales and get customers excited for a contest at the same time by doing a holiday sale giveaway.
- The more purchases a customer makes, the more entries they receive. This is the perfect thing for Christmas in which no one could really reject a giveaway
Christmas is the season
Christmas is the season where most of us expect gifts from people. It is a season in which we give back to the people we love and share the love with other people. This serves as a time to give back as well to your followers and give them such treats that both of you would mutually benefit. The holiday season serves as the opportunity to get in touch with the audience and gain new followers. The first step you should be doing is to identify your objective and your goal. On what you’re trying to achieve from doing these events. Only by knowing these things, you’d be able to conceptualize your campaign. And one way is through social media events. Through it, you could benefit a lot from it. Who wouldn’t want their brands to grow even at holidays right? When you’re doing the events already, make sure you will increase the engagement of your users, and use strategies that would engage them, as well as other potential customers. Prepare your own hashtags or do hashtag contests to generate even more content in that way it will really be useful to gain more engagement reach and more traffic in your site.
So these are just some of the events that you could prepare for this coming Christmas. What will you use?
Need fresh ideas for your social media strategies? We’ve got you covered! Click here to schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation on how Social Sensei can help drive new traffic for your business and improve your conversion rates using the latest tools and marketing techniques. Want to talk NOW? Dial 888-444-9144 to get in touch with our team of experts.