Becoming a successful Instagram influencer isn’t easy. It may take you months of hard work and patience before the results start to show up. The key is to find your voice and use it to create a unique image for yourself as an influencer.
To be an Instagram Influencer, you need to Influence. You should have the power to have an important effect on someone or something. If someone influences someone else, they are changing a person or thing in an indirect but important way.
There are four kinds of influencers.
- Mega-influencers: 1,000,000+ followers. They are not necessarily experts in the industry, but one post from them can still be an instant hit that sends the online community into havoc.
Examples of them are Selena Gomez and The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)
- Macro-influencers: as any creator that has more than 100,000 followers and at least 3% engagement. In many cases, macro-influencers have another title such as celebrity, TV personality, athlete, or thought leader in their community.
Photographer Jesse Driftwood is a great example of a macro influencer with a big reach and high levels of engagement. He has 162k followers and an 8.19% engagement rate according to Social Blade. When he does partnerships with brands like Vitamix, the recommendations look and sound like they’ve come from a friend.
- Micro-influencers: A micro-influencer is someone who has between 1,000 to 100,000 followers. Micro-influencers focus on a specific niche or area and are generally regarded as an industry expert or topic specialist. . They could be a food blogger, traveler, a local fashionista, or a fitness guru – just to name a few.
Examples of Fruitful Micro-Influencer Campaigns
The boat shoe brand Sperry worked with more than 100 micro-influencers on Instagram. Sperry identified Instagram users who were already sharing high-quality photos of its products. The brand invited those users to develop visual content for its official Instagram account – for free. Their photos portrayed people wearing Sperry’s shoes in exotic or scenic locations, often at high altitudes.
The Banana Republic worked with Instagram micro-influencers who modeled its clothing in a variety of settings. Their posts included the #itsbanana hashtag, a common hashtag in Banana Republic campaigns.
- Nano-influencers: Is a relatively new breed of the influencer. They tend to have a smaller number of followers in comparison to micro-influencers, less than 1,000 followers. “[A nano-influencer is] someone who has influence within their community.
Leading brands have learned the value of this new trend and have already included nano-influencers into their marketing strategy. Among them are Remington, Always, and Gillette Venus. 1000 followers are the starting point for most brands to start a collaboration with an influencer,
How to Find Influencers in Your Niche
Knowing how to find influencers who can help you get in front of your target audience is an excellent way to reach new people, drive traffic to your website, build brand awareness, and increase sales. When you start to look for influencers, use these tips to guide your search.
- Know your goals before you start.
The right influencers are people, brands, and accounts that can best help you reach your audience and goals.
When you can clearly define your primary goals, you can better assess influencer relationships and determine if they will help you achieve positive results.
- Know the type of influencer campaign you want to run.
Different types of influencer campaigns include:
- Gifting: giving influencers gifts in exchange for mentions, posts, etc.
- Guest posting: getting an influencer to allow you to write for their blog
- Sponsored content: paying an influencer to share your content or create content that is tied to your brand
- Contests and giveaways: using contests as an incentive to get influencers to mention your brand or share your content
- Influencer takeover: letting an influencer take over your social media account for a set amount of time
- Affiliates: sharing affiliate codes with influencers so that they earn money each time someone that came through their funnel purchases from your brand
- Discount codes: allowing influencers to give discount codes for your offerings to their fans and followers
- Brand ambassadors: partnering with an influencer who regularly promotes your brand in exchange for discounts and perks from your brand
- Find influencers who are related to your industry.
When deciding how to find influencers in your niche, a good place to start is with famous or well-known figures in your industry. Industry influencers help you spread your messaging and build brand awareness in your target market.
- Find influencers who promote your competitors.
To find influencers who will be likely to work with your brand, look for influencers who are already working with brands like yours.
- Find influencers who share your audience.
Influencers who share your audience can provide just as much value as those directly tied to your industry. In fact, working with influencers in an industry that overlaps or is complementary to your own may help you reach even more of your audience.
- Understand the authority of the influencer.
When deciding which influencer is right for your campaign, evaluate their authority to determine if they have a relevant or large enough reach to help you accomplish your goals. Influencer analysis is an important part of learning how to find the right influencers that can reach your audience.
You need to encourage as many relevant people as possible to follow you, and you have to participate in regular engagement with your followers. After doing these, I think you are ready for collaboration
What is brand collaborations?
Brand collaboration is a strategic partnership between a brand and another party. This partnership might be with another brand or with an artist, celebrity, or influencer.
Brand collaborations on Instagram are becoming one of the fastest ways to gain your followers. Simply because when you collaborated with another brand or influencer your audience will be combined.
Advantages of Brand Collaborations
Increased market share –“Two heads are better than one”. Simply, by collaboration will help them gain a competitive edge and advantage in the market increasing the market share. With the elevated market share, both parties enjoy a higher return on investments and increased profits.
Higher profits – The main goal of brand collaboration is to reach more audiences. More audience equals more profits.
Increased brand reach– A collaboration will vastly increase your brand reach as you’re talking to two sets of customers rather than one and gives a signal from one brand that the other brand can be trusted. It helps both brands to widen their customer base as the target market and customers of both of the brands are combined.
Leverage the power of influencer marketing to grow your Instagram followers organically
What if you found an Instagram growth plan that could save thousands of hours of your precious time and still grow your account 10X—even 100X as fast—completely organically?
What if it was 100% safe—100% compliant with Instagram’s terms of service in 2021—and your growth was 100% guaranteed?
You’d probably say we’re 100% full of #$%*!
But as hundreds of our happy clients have already discovered, it’s one-hundred-and-fifty-percent possible. They’ve been watching thousands of real, location targeted followers pour into their accounts every month.
Month after month. No bots. No automation. 100% human hands. And each of them are enjoying their very own dedicated account manager who oversees their growth and works to help them reach their business goals.
Does that sound like some action you’d want in on?
Find out how Social Sensei can get you thousands of followers organically—give you powerful credibility—and drive massive amounts of exposure to your Instagram account. Just click the link below!
Skyrocket My Following 100% Organically!
More About Social Sensei
Having a huge follower base is definitely crucial to get your message out there; in front of your target audience. However, rather than invest in marketing strategies that will have you buying fake followers, why not invest in Social Sensei’s proven and tested Instagram celebrity marketing strategies instead?
At Social Sensei, we team up with big names in different industries to help you grow your Instagram followers organically. We’ve worked with hundreds of happy clients and have generated thousands of new followers for those who have signed up with us.
Will celebrity or influencer Instagram marketing get your account banned on Instagram? No. This type of Instagram marketing is a legitimate way for you to grow your Instagram followers organically, so you don’t have to worry about getting shadow banned or action blocked on the platform.
We guarantee account safety, so you never have to worry about your Instagram account being banned or action blocked. The best part? Your success is our success, so if you don’t see the numbers you expect for your followers list, we will continue working for you until you do.
Ready to take your Instagram account to the next level? Work with the experts at Social Sensei to help pair your business with the right growth plan to help you gain real Instagram followers, increase brand exposure, and boost your credibility. Sign up today to take your account to the next level or click here to schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with us.